Monday, July 28, 2008

7/28/08 Monday- Monday

Ken "Big Daddy" Barrett

Today was our first full day at the camp, and after some much needed sleep we were able to "Get Down and He Lifts Me Up". That's right, the theme song is the same this year as last. The crew that I am serving with is working with Global Peace. This goup is in the business of going into underpriviledged ( drugs and prostitution) neighborhoods and restoring peace and beatification to the area. It is a wonderful organization, and Linda (the leader) is an awesome lady. I look forward to a life-changing experience, and please be aware that those kids you dropped off on Saturday night might be a little different when you pick them up.

Everyone is doing great, atleast that's what they are telling me. We hope to get a great night sleep, and be ready to serve our crew's and the people of this community. Please continue to pray for us, and we will try to be diligent in our blogging.

Later,
Ken



Amy:

Hi everyone! Wow, we were busy today! Becky and Sirenna are in my crew and we are having a great time. We are assigned to Global Peace Industries which is an organization that provides food (per peace gardens) and helps communties take pride in their neighborhoods. With this being the last week of the Group Workcamps, this week is focused on helping the leaders of the organization with their homes and areas that they use to facilitate their operations from. Three crews are working for Global Peace Industries and the director is awesome! I was VERY dirty when we got back today and the shower felt GREAT. Some of us will be digging tomorrow so we should sleep good!

I am excited to be here and looking forward to the rest of the week and seeing what God has in store. We have already seen him at work today!

Amy :)

hey guys its meredith(:
uh the first day was rough, but things are pretty cool now. i found a starbucks! :D and uh, we dont get enough sleep. but they have good food. and im working for this peace gardens things. im pretty much planting stuff. and uh mom, will you please go turn my phone off, cause jamie has the cord thing. thankss. i love you guys.


Guess who!!!! It's Becca!
Ok so let me tell you that I've taken a big step out of my comfort zone this year and alot of people have noticed. Last year in my crew I was the organizer which is pretty much really simple but this year i volunteered to be the devotion leader! And on top of that Amy and Sirena told me that before I came I only talked when spoken to but when we got here that I'm talking alotand weel I can talk alot. The lady that we are helping her name is DJ and she is sooooo sweet! But yea.....let me say this one more thing and I'l be done. I MISS YOU CECILY BUNCHES!!!!!!!!


Yeahhh.... It's Lauren. Be excited. :D
Hey YA'LL. So, I survived the first day of weeding, moving heavvyy wood, and dealing with all spiders in the history of the world. I've had a lot of fun so far, and I am looking forwared to the rest of the days ahead. I miss you so much Cecily, and for the record the carrides just weren't the same. (: I love all you guys and miss you bunches! oh, and outdoor showers...suck

It's Staceyyy
Kaitlin and I were so absolutely blessed and were put in the same crew(: yayy. but anyways, we were asigned to go to the Boys and Girl club. I was really excited, I wanted to go there really bad. but anyways, I volunteered to be the devotional leader of my crew. My crew is small, only 6 girls. Me, Kaitlin, our leader Deb, and three 12 year olds named Hannah, Kelly, and Michelle. Lauren and I have already taught our "water game" from the lock-in with some of the people here(: I miss Cecily a lot, but we did make up a north carolina song to remind us of the rap from last year. I love you all and miss yall.

Hi Its Sirena,
its was so fun today and i dontno what to write....the trip up was fun and everyone was sleeping.my crew is helping clean up around thehouse and stuff :).

Go me, Go me, it's my birthday. Seriously, it is,
Hi it's daniel. im just chilling and thinking about my bed. im tired. oh well it was fun today. camp's alright. we have to do breakfast tomorrow so we have to get up really early. talk to you tomorrow if i can stay asl...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hi it's Kaitlin
I am in a crew with Stacey and three other girls that are 12 years old. It was fun today we stayed at the church and deep cleaned.We pulled some weeds.I am really tired .

Hi it's Ellie!
We are havin' tons of great, good, christian fellowship and fun! And I am personally haveing an absolute blast. I love almost everything, right down to the showers! Ms.Deanna, Stephanie and I are in the same crew. Ms.Deanna says hi by the way. Anyways I'm havin' fun and trying to make new friends. I'm workin' at the boys and girls club and hangin' with some toddlers and thats great too! Well got to go, luv you all!

Hi everyone, it's Brianna!!!!!
i am having a blast this year! our cross this year is still the best one BY FAR!!!! me and maggie are in the same crew!!!! the rest of the people in our group are from the same youth group b/c they have like 33 people in their youth group including adults and we have two leaders in our crew that go to work during the day and there's only five youth. me and maggie are actually the oldest ones in our crew!!!! the rest of them are all thirteen, except for of course the adults, but i don't know how old they are :) anyway..... our job is called Save the Youth where we were SUPPOSED to watch over kids from 10 to 16 but instead we had to clean for half of the day and then after lunch we got to play fooseball and pool and lift wieghts and play basket ball, volley ball and wall ball AND we got to play in their awesome computer lab and watch youtube video mainly about dry ice and pools :) lol!!! but when we got back and checked in with the red shirt people they told us that we would get a different job for the rest of the week :( i liked this job :) well that's pretty much it :) now it's maggie's turn!!!! bye mom and dad and who ever else is reading this :)

Hi this is MAGGIE,
hey this is me i miss u all so much!!! anyways i will be fine so DONT WORRY MOM i am doing great and i love the out door showers it really wakes u up lol well i alot of people have to type so ttyl LOVE U ALL SO MUCH DO NOT WORRY ITS GREAT! BYE.........................

Hi!,
This is Jesse! I have had a great time so far! We are working at a church ( my crew) and it is HUGE! (Mom you would love it!) And w have a lot of fun of exploring. I stained some wood...it wasn't easy! Well good bye! Love you sooooo much!

Bye,
Jesse :)


Everyone may not have blogged yet but it is dinner time so whoever hasn't yet will later!! Amy